|E3 2018 Recaps and Analysis|
|Unravel Two||Sea of Solitude|
|Command and Conquer Rivals||Anthem|
|The Walking Dead: The Final Chapter||Dying Light 2|
|Rage 2||Fallout 76|
|Mavericks Proving Ground||Satisfactory|
During the Indie portion of the EA Play presentation one of the highlights for me was the soon to be released Indie Platformer called Unravel Two.
Unravel 2 Official Reveal Trailer
The presentation featured a pair of adorable characters made entirely of yarn. However, despite the cutesy characters, the game actually begins with a fairly dark tone.
The demo begins with a destitute red colored yarn man washing up on shore. Things are looking bleak but eventually a similar looking blue yarned friend enters the scene. The two become fast friends, tie their yarns together, and their spark for adventure is rekindled.
You are able to play the game both alone or in co-op. When playing by yourself you essentially pick up the other character and carry them around until needed. Once you come across a puzzle section you can use a button to switch between characters as needed, much like indie platformer Thomas Was Alone.
When playing with another character you are able to move independently, and perform co-operative maneuvers using the yarn tying the characters together.
From an aesthetic stand point this game seems like a cross between Little Big Planet and Limbo. It is colorful and playful, but has a very bleak atmosphere that makes the events on screen seem more desperate. To me this juxtaposition is one of the great strengths from the demo.
Unravel 2 Demo
This is a title I definitely plan to keep my eye on. Seems like a strong candidate for a Gateway Game as well!
Was this article helpful? Share it!
Click the tweet below to share this this write-up on Twitter! Don’t worry, you can change the message above if you do decide to share it after you click the link.Support the independence! Check out the Unravel Two demo from E3! Click To Tweet
Thank you for reading!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Let’s Play Druidstone – Episode 01: Dawnstone MeadowIn DruidstoneMay 19, 2019The First Level of Druidstone features rangers, druids, priests and cancer. I guess oncology is one way to really raise the stakes right away! […]
- Satisfactory Early Access – Episode 11: Caterium, Supercomputers, and Geothermal PowerIn SatisfactoryMay 16, 2019
After some offline exploration, I found a new type of ore called Caterium that gives us access to all manner of advanced electronics![…]
- The Tanius Campaign Journal – Chapter 29: Stone Cold RedemptionIn D&D Campaign JournalMay 8, 2019
The Syndicate's second trip into the dig site ends with a glorious battle, and an unusual resolution.[…]
- Tavern Tycoon – Episode 10: Dragon’s HangoverIn Tavern TycoonMay 2, 2019
This is it! The last stage of Tavern Tycoon. Let's see if we can apply everything we have learned that far and complete our final challenge.[…]
- [G^G] May 2019 Update – I’m Getting Married!In BlogApril 30, 2019
After 14 months of planning Meesh and I are finally getting married! While all that is going on, check out a look back on what we've done, and what is to come.[…]
- Satisfactory Early Access – Episode 10: The Jetpack, Manufacturing, and The Edge of The WorldIn SatisfactoryApril 28, 2019
Today we demonstrate proper splitting and merging, computer and heavy modular frame manufacturing, and why you shouldn't jump off the edge of the world...[…]