It is hard to believe that it has only been a little over a month since I launched Grow Up and Game, but man has it been a busy one.
The purpose behind these site blogs is four fold:
- Remark on the lastest published content
- Discuss my upcoming content
- Discuss site-wide issues and initiatives
- Bring up an relevant/interesting tidbits from my personal life that I feel like gushing about
So to start things off, I feel like I owe everyone an explanation on the D&D homebrew side.
Hype and Homebrew – Content Overview
In my last blog post built some hype around what was purported to be “my most ambitious homebrew yet”. However, some of you might have been surprised when I released a fairly standard length article detailing optional martial combat rules.
I just want to be clear that these martial rules are not “the big one” I have been hyping up. The combat rules actually were something that just popped into my head while I was planning a D&D session a few weeks ago. So naturally rather than focus my efforts on the larger and much more pressing rule set, I deviated from the plan. Fortunately, the progress on “the big one” has been steady, however the design process has been very iterative so it likely won’t be ready for another month or so.
Beyond D&D homebrew I also managed to finish up a couple of chapters of my 5e campaign journal and a pair of gateway games articles, all of which can be found below:
- The Tanius Campaign – Chapter 23: An Awkward Introduction
- The Tanius Campaign – Chapter 24: Let The Games Begin
- Gateway Games – Video Games For Beginners: Overcooked
- Gateway Games – Video Games For Beginners: Orcs Must Die 2
As far as future content goes, I expect the next 6 weeks to be a bit slower than the last. The main reason being this aforementioned “mega homebrew” is proving to be a serious time sink. On the Gateway Games side of things I am actually working through finishing a few more titles with Meesh, and until that happens I will not be able to finish my analysis and write-ups. Lastly, I am in the process of creating yet another content group that has a fair bit of analytic overhead to get off the ground.
In short, what I am trying to say is that you shouldn’t expect more than one or two campaign journals over the next month or so.
GDPR and You – Sitewide Updates
Furthermore, GDPR has also led me to review our current ad serving policy. After mulling our options over, I decided it would be best to disable all Google advertisements that utilized personal information. It is worth noting that this change does not only impact EU readers, anybody who reads this website should not be served user-targeted ads from Google Adsense.
Just A Couple More Minor Things Going On In My Life
As many of you know I am currently in the process of planning a wedding. While I am very excited to marry my bride to be, this process has also been a… how you say… time vampire. To make matters even worse, Meesh and I both decided that now was the time to look into buying a house as well.
Don’t get me wrong, these are all huge steps for both of us that we are very excited to take. However, this means that in the short term I will likely have very little time to write.
That’s all I have for now! As always if you have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to reach out to me on Twitter @GrowUpAndGame
The Latest G^G Articles
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 14: Ruin And The Rattay TournamentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 14, 2021
After losing in the Rattay Tournament, we take our rage out(legally) on some nearby bandits before giving the tourney another go.[…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 13: Fighting In The Rattay TournamentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 11, 2021
After several days of hunting and training, it is time to reap our rewards and test our skills in the Rattay Tournament![…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 12: Hunting Deer Between Rattay and NeuhofIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 7, 2021
Now that we are in the training groove, it is time to try and weave some money-making into the flow. In other words, it is time to poach game from the king's land![…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 11: Learning To Read and Master StrikeIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 4, 2021
Now that the Neuhof investigation has cooled off a bit, we take a break to coach Henry up in the mightiness of the pen and the sword.[…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 10: Ginger In A PickleIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 2, 2021
After making some headway on the Neuhof crime, the main suspect has decided to skip town. It falls on Henry to track him down and determine if he is guilty.[…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 09: The Hunt BeginsIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceDecember 31, 2020
After earning a promotion, Henry's first orders are to investigate a brutal crime scene in Neuhof, and bring the perpetrators to justice.[…]