Henry decides to step away from the Neuhof incident for a bit to handle a particularly bewitching task.
Double Double Toil and Trouble
I gotta say, this quest is making it very difficult for me to return to the main quest.
While the main plot of KCD is very very interesting and well done, I am really considering taking a break from it if the quest I completed in this episode is any indication of the type of quality I can expect from side-quests. The quest itself was pretty easy, in fact it was a border-line walking simulator for most of it. However, the subject matter and dialog kept me captivated the whole time. I didn’t even realize I was hardly doing anything besides following people and listening to dialog.
A quick summary of what happens in the quest is Father Godwin asks you to investigate some potential witchcraft that is taking place. He sends you to visit an herb-woman in the woods near town, and find out what she told the local townsfolk. From there you do some investigating, which eventually leads to you crashing an occult ceremony and accidentally ingesting a large amount of drugs.
You know standard stuff….
My only real complaint about the quest was that it wasn’t super clear what would happen if the women noticed you following them into the woods. During my playthrough I suspected it might fail/delay the quest so I decided to quaff some savior schnapps before I tried talking to the women prior to reaching their destination.
And I am glad I did…
When I approached the women, it spooked them off and resulted in them heading home instead of walking in the woods. While this wouldn’t be a huge inconvenience if you were just playing the game normally, obviously this would have been a major set-back for people like me trying to record the game and keep things interesting. Fortunately, my lucky guess saved “the take” and I was able to just load the game up to 20 seconds prior an not miss a beat.
However, at the end of the day the quest front-to-back was one of the most enjoyable parts of the play-through thus far, and I am looking forward to what future side-quests bring!
If you have ideas around how I can improve my videos, please reach out to me on twitter via @GrowUpAndGame.
Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a great rest of your day, week, month, year, and life!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 21: Nest of VipersIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 30, 2021Now that he's had his fill of side-gigs, Henry gets back to the main event. It is time to find the whoresons who killed his people, and most importantly, that took his father's sword. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 20: The House of GodIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 23, 2021He who hath not sinned can cast the first stone. Or was it he who hath now sinned? Not sure, Henry is going to find out though. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 19: At Your Service My LadyIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 18, 2021Henry decides to step away from the Neuhof incident for a bit to handle a particularly bewitching task. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 18: Playing With The DevilIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 14, 2021Henry decides to step away from the Neuhof incident for a bit to handle a particularly bewitching task. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 17: On The ScentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 14, 2021
Armed with new information, Henry searches through the local hills and forests for his missing man.[…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 16: Mysterious WaysIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 13, 2021
Henry spends an evening searching for answers with the local priest. By the end of the night he forgets what questions he was even asking.[…]