Henry does the Tour de Bohemia for Lady Stephanie of Talmburg in record time!
At this point, the game has already had its fair share of fetch quests, but this one really took the cake. We had to hit basically every corner of map minus the ruins of Skalitz to finish this one off, but we managed to do so in record time!
In my opinion the design of this quest varies from somewhat inspired to kind of lazy.
The high-point for me was definitely Henry singing to a horse. It was entertaining and did a good enough job of masking the fact that I am just riding my horse between points.
My second favorite part was tracking down the trader bringing the moldavite for the crown. It did involve a bit of problem solving, especially on hardcore mode, to find his whereabouts. The game did a good job of using an environmental cue in the form a of trail of blood originating from a merchant cart going into the woods to tip the player off. From there it was a straight-forward combat encounter, but the path there was definitely interesting.
Finally, getting the wine just involved winning an archery contest. While it was definitely a more challenging contest than the first required contest with Hans Capon, it does feel like this part was rushed together. On the one hand I understand making games takes a great deal of time and materials and I appreciate the designers leveraging the games existing systems, but compared to the other two legs of this quest it was a bit lack-luster.
I’m under the impression that this was largely a low-level quest, so I can definitely understand why it was relatively simple. Funnily enough, the part that is probably most likely to trip people up is the Archery competition. I am not half bad at shooting(and Henry’s skill level is quite good) and I cut it pretty close. Outside of that part the rest of the quest was as straight forward as talking to the right people and going where the quest told you to go. Maybe tracking down the merchant might be tricky for some too, but I didn’t feel like it was particularly difficult to find him.
In the end, it wasn’t my favorite quest, but I have a feeling this isn’t the last we’ve seen of Lady Stephanie, and I have a feeling things might get a bit more… heated with her depending on how my cards are played.
I wonder what her husband thinks of all of this…
If you have ideas around how I can improve my videos, please reach out to me on twitter via @GrowUpAndGame.
Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a great rest of your day, week, month, year, and life!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 22: Baptism of FireIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceApril 11, 2021The table is set, and the battle begins. Henry takes on his role as an archer in the battle for Pribyslavitz. Afterwards he might need to use his skills as a scribe to explain why so many of his allies got shot in the back. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 21: Nest of VipersIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 30, 2021Now that he's had his fill of side-gigs, Henry gets back to the main event. It is time to find the whoresons who killed his people, and most importantly, that took his father's sword. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 20: The House of GodIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 23, 2021He who hath not sinned can cast the first stone. Or was it he who hath now sinned? Not sure, Henry is going to find out though. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 19: At Your Service My LadyIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 18, 2021Henry decides to step away from the Neuhof incident for a bit to handle a particularly bewitching task. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 18: Playing With The DevilIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 14, 2021Henry decides to step away from the Neuhof incident for a bit to handle a particularly bewitching task. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 17: On The ScentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 14, 2021
Armed with new information, Henry searches through the local hills and forests for his missing man.[…]