Here it is. The first blog post of my brand new pristine website, untouched by the world!
What’s that? Oh you are asking about the 50+ articles that already exist on this site?
Allow me to explain…
I Feel Like I’ve Read This All Somewhere Else Before…
If you’ve already started reading through my material you may have noticed a couple of things:
- The dates on the articles go all the way back to late 2016, long before the birth of this website.
- The content in the D&D Campaign Journal and Questionable Arcana looks EXACTLY the same as the material that was once in questionablyqualified.com‘s D&D section.
The explanation behind both of these observations is that the original batch of this content does in fact originate from Questionably Qualified. The persona named “Weems” on this website is the same “Weems” that wrote the D&D material on Questionably Qualified.
Over the last two years Questionably Qualified’s persona “Truck” and I went from completely novice bloggers ignorant to the players in the space and the tricks of the trade, to somewhat successful bloggers who managed to gain a small but not insignificant following. As we grew we had some discussions around how we wanted to grow our tiny little corner of the web.
I had a vision of a website focused on written gaming content. Furthermore I wanted to put the website under a new label that put gaming at its core. Truck preferred to keep growing the Questionably Qualified brand. He also wanted to shift away from written material, and put a stronger emphasis on publishing podcasts covering a variety of topics. After weighing the pros and cons of the various options in front of us, we eventually ended up shaking things up a bit.
Part of this shake up was moving all of Questionably Qualified’s gaming content written by “Weems” wrote over to the website you are reading right now. This migration would help the new gaming focused website hit the ground running, and allow for us to independently explore a wider variety of formats. Truck will be more or less taking over Questionably Qualified, which will continue to operate under a similar M.O. that it did before. There you can expect the same mix of silly and serious content you have grown accustomed to.
I’m not going to lie it’s made me a bit somber reducing my role in something that I have dedicated so much of the last two years of my life to. Growing Questionably Qualified has been a long and laborious process filled with exciting highs, frustrating lows, and a lot of fun in the moments in between. However, the good news is that just because I’m doing my own solo project doesn’t mean the band is breaking up.
When One Door Closes Another One Opens
While it is fair to say my competence as a blogger has increased over the last two years, I am still very green at when it comes to publishing several forms of content on the web. Furthermore beyond gaming there is a whole world of topics I would love to write about, but I am most assuredly questionably qualified to speak on.
The good news is Truck(being the awesome friend and generally stalwart human being he is) still wants to keep me around! In fact, we are already in the weeds working on a brand new podcast series that will be posted to Questionably Qualified’s Soundcloud page in the near future.
I believe that future is as bright as ever for Questionably Qualified, so make sure you check in from time to time. For those of you who don’t bookmark websites, we will also be regularly tweeting out our new collaborative content on the Questionably Qualified(@q_qualified) and G^G(@GrowUpAndGame) twitter accounts.
With that all cleared up, lets briefly touch on what you can expect from Grow Up and Game moving forward.
Blazing New Trails
For starters you can expect me to continue building on all of my existing content. I am woefully behind schedule on my D&D Campaign Journal, and I have yet to complete my most ambitious Questionable Arcana homebrew rule yet. Both of these pieces should be coming out in the next month or so. In addition to the older content, I am also excited to announce the launch of a brand new series!
In case you didn’t know, the man behind the “Weems” was recently engaged to a lovely and amazing woman. Over the last two years we have grown up and together, sharing all manner of experiences. However, I have always secretly wished she would pick up my deep love for gaming, video and otherwise.
Fortunately for me, my fiancée is wonderful beyond words. When I asked her if she would be interested in trying a few different games to see if maybe she has the gamer bug in her, she was enthusiastically open to it.
After researching a wide list of games I created a gaming training program of sorts. The goal was to slowly ramp her up on progressively more challenging games. I am not going to lie this was a lot harder than I expected, and it did not go as smoothly as I hoped it would. However, despite these setbacks I managed to find enough wins early on to stoke the gaming flame in her heart.
This experience of bringing my non-gamer fiancée “Meesh” into the gaming world is the inspiration behind my new “Gateway Games” series. However, it is worth mentioning that Gateway Games is not a human interest piece. Yes our personal experiences will be recounted, but the focus of the content will be on teaching YOU how to introduce the non-gamers in your life to video games.
Lastly I want to let you know up front that as of now there is no posting schedule in place for any of my upcoming content. While I would love to say… post a new Gateway Games article every two weeks, this simply isn’t practical with my current living situation. So make sure you follow @GrowUpAndGame on twitter for the latest updates.
Phew that was a lot!
It has been a ton of work bringing everything together, but I am really excited to finally be able to share the next chapter of my digital world with everyone.
I hope my material helps everyone elevate their game, piques interest in new types of games, and inspires others to join the gaming community.
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy your time on Grow Up and Game!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 22: Baptism of FireIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceApril 11, 2021The table is set, and the battle begins. Henry takes on his role as an archer in the battle for Pribyslavitz. Afterwards he might need to use his skills as a scribe to explain why so many of his allies got shot in the back. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 21: Nest of VipersIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 30, 2021Now that he's had his fill of side-gigs, Henry gets back to the main event. It is time to find the whoresons who killed his people, and most importantly, that took his father's sword. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 20: The House of GodIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 23, 2021He who hath not sinned can cast the first stone. Or was it he who hath now sinned? Not sure, Henry is going to find out though. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 19: At Your Service My LadyIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 18, 2021Henry decides to step away from the Neuhof incident for a bit to handle a particularly bewitching task. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 18: Playing With The DevilIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 14, 2021Henry decides to step away from the Neuhof incident for a bit to handle a particularly bewitching task. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 17: On The ScentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 14, 2021
Armed with new information, Henry searches through the local hills and forests for his missing man.[…]