After losing in the Rattay Tournament, we take our rage out(legally) on some nearby bandits before giving the tourney another go.
Still reeling from my defeat in the Rattay Tournament, I dusted off the old hunting bow and took my aggression out on the local wildlife. After another 4 more days or so of hunting and about 20,000 groschen later, I decided to return to the shops and finish up my kit. Not only did I buy a whole host of plate armor, but I was also able to buy the most expensive sword in Rattay(Herod’s Sword).
Anxious to give my new gear a spin, I made my way over to Captain Bernard to see if he had any work that needed to be done.
Ruin – Hunting Bandits In The Woods
The ruin questline actually has multiple parts to it. In this episode we only complete the first part, but in the near future I plan on following up to finish the remaining parts.
The first part of the questline had us tracking down some bandits east of Rattay and bringing them to justice. The process of finding them was easy enough, even on hardcore. The area highlighted on the map was along the river, which made tracking down their camp a pretty straight-forward task.
Once I arrived at the camp, I decided I wanted to put my shiny new gear to the test, so I didn’t really bother to stealthing in. Fortunately, between my fairly honed combat skills and totally overpowered(for this stage of the game) gear, I was able to completely trash the bandit camp. It turns out that being able to use your own gear makes a BIG difference in this game.
Feeling emboldened once again, I made my way back into town, turned in the bandits ears and spurs for some extra spending money, and enrolled in the Rattay Tournament once again.
Rattay Tourney Part 2: Electric Boogaloo
Turns out I wasn’t anymore prepared this time than I was last time. In fact, I ended up doing even WORSE than my previous attempt!
I was able to breeze through the first round again, but during the fights in the second round my opponent just fed me master strike after master strike and I ended up losing both rounds.
It has become increasingly clear at this point that my more aggressive style of play is my undoing in the tournament. Even with enhanced stats, counters are still king, so the combatant who is willing to wait will always have the upper hand. For the sake of my(and the viewer’s) sanity I refuse to allow the combat in this playthrough to devolve into a counter fest. So to address this issue I am going to invest some time into really mastering the art of feinting and comboing. As much as I wish that I could just check the tourney off at this point, I think that my struggles in it up to this point are a clear sign that I still need to hone my game-play abilities if I want to make it through this entire game.
Feeling the increasing familiar sting of defeat, I made my way down to the bathhouses so the episode could at least have some kind of a happy ending.
If you have ideas around how I can improve my videos, please reach out to me on twitter via @GrowUpAndGame.
Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a great rest of your day, week, month, year, and life!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 22: Baptism of FireIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceApril 11, 2021The table is set, and the battle begins. Henry takes on his role as an archer in the battle for Pribyslavitz. Afterwards he might need to use his skills as a scribe to explain why so many of his allies got shot in the back. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 21: Nest of VipersIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 30, 2021Now that he's had his fill of side-gigs, Henry gets back to the main event. It is time to find the whoresons who killed his people, and most importantly, that took his father's sword. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 20: The House of GodIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 23, 2021He who hath not sinned can cast the first stone. Or was it he who hath now sinned? Not sure, Henry is going to find out though. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 19: At Your Service My LadyIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 18, 2021Henry decides to step away from the Neuhof incident for a bit to handle a particularly bewitching task. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 18: Playing With The DevilIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 14, 2021Henry decides to step away from the Neuhof incident for a bit to handle a particularly bewitching task. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 17: On The ScentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 14, 2021
Armed with new information, Henry searches through the local hills and forests for his missing man.[…]