Henry spends an evening searching for answers with the local priest. By the end of the night he forgets what questions he was even asking.
Not So Silent or Holy Night
Not gunna lie, this quest was one hell of a ride(pun-intended).
The initial part in the bar is a long-winded segment where Henry and Father Godwin talk through what happened at Skalitz, come to an agreement about what information surrounding the crimes at Neuhof can be shared, and ultimately discuss religion at large. I was happy to see the game implement timed responses in certain parts. While I don’t want every dialog option to be timed, I do hope they get used more heavily as the game progresses.
Once the dialog ends, what follows can only be described as a series of hijinks. Between getting in a bar fight, ringing the church bell in the middle of the night, consorting with Father Godwin’s concubines, and chasing sheep through the fields; This segment is easily the funniest part of the game thus far. It is great to see the game not take itself too seriously, and I hope more of these “just for fun” segments sprinkled throughout the game.
The coup de grace of this quest was when Henry has to give a sermon to Father Godwin’s congregation. This segments requires you to think back to your earlier conversation with Godwin where he describes how Jan Hus, a priest in Prague, speaks to his congregation. These dialog choices mixed with a series speech checks determine if you are successful in inspiring the congregation.
Fortunately, I was able to pull it off, and as a result I was able to get the information I needed to continue the quest.
However, the greatest lesson learned from this quest was that if you are going to give a church sermon, remember to put on some clothes before you do it…
If you have ideas around how I can improve my videos, please reach out to me on twitter via @GrowUpAndGame.
Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a great rest of your day, week, month, year, and life!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 21: Nest of VipersIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 30, 2021Now that he's had his fill of side-gigs, Henry gets back to the main event. It is time to find the whoresons who killed his people, and most importantly, that took his father's sword. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 20: The House of GodIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 23, 2021He who hath not sinned can cast the first stone. Or was it he who hath now sinned? Not sure, Henry is going to find out though. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 19: At Your Service My LadyIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 18, 2021Henry decides to step away from the Neuhof incident for a bit to handle a particularly bewitching task. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 18: Playing With The DevilIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 14, 2021Henry decides to step away from the Neuhof incident for a bit to handle a particularly bewitching task. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 17: On The ScentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 14, 2021
Armed with new information, Henry searches through the local hills and forests for his missing man.[…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 16: Mysterious WaysIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 13, 2021
Henry spends an evening searching for answers with the local priest. By the end of the night he forgets what questions he was even asking.[…]