Barely clinging to life, Henry wakes up in a mill near Rattay, the most powerful city in the Sasau region. After several weeks of recovery he has a debt to pay to the miller, and some less than scrupulous options to pay it.
The first quest the game throws at you when you wake up is to talk to a man named Miller Peshek. It turns out he has been “running up a butchers bill” with the local potion-maker and is looking to Henry to pay the debt. This doesn’t phase Henry initially, but when he tells Henry that the first step to paying back the debt is to rob a grave near the executioner’s house he starts to have second thoughts. At this point you have a choice to simply pay off the debt another way, or to play along. Although simply paying off the debt would probably be easy enough, I decided to go with this crooked plan and see where it takes me.
My First Trip to Rattay
After agreeing to do the deed, Peshek tells me that there is a shovel lying around somewhere around the mill. Unfortunately for me, I genuinely had no idea where the shovel was. After searching for a couple of minutes, I decided it would probably just be easier for me to go into town and buy one instead of scrounging around the mill.
Once I arrived at the Rattay gates some guards questioned why I was there, but fortunately I was able to convince them I had business with sir Radzig so they let me in without much of a fuss. Once inside all I had to do was track down a blacksmith, and sure enough there was a shovel available to purchase. With the proper tools in hand, I left the Skalitz gates and made my way to the executioners home.
The Dead Man’s Ring
Accessing the grave undisturbed was fairly straight-forward. The executioner was in his home so I was able to dig up the grave very quickly, but the ring was nowhere to be found. After I returned to Peshek to tell him the news, he informed me that I was going to need to steal the ring from his home. He offered to teach me how to pick locks, but at this point I had already had some prior experience stealing goods in Talmburg, so I decided to just take the picks he offered and go straight back to the executioner’s house.
At first I attempted to steal the ring while the executioner was in the home. I tried to lure him out of the house by alerting his dogs and sneaking around, but he never took the bait. Eventually, against Peshek’s advice, I decided to talk to him. After a quick chat I was able to convince him to run to the mill to pick up some grain. With him out of the house, breaking into his storage chests was easy enough, and I left with a small bounty of items as well as the ring.
I immediately returned to the mill and told Peshek of my success. Upon completing the deed Miller Peshek told me to bring the ring to a miller in Kohelnitz. Furthermore, he offered to serve as a fence for stolen goods. Given I had a a rucksack full of ill-gotten goods, I immediately took advantage of this offer. With my inventory clean and daylight waning, I posted up for the night and went to sleep.
If you have ideas around how I can improve my videos, please reach out to me on twitter via @GrowUpAndGame.
Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a great rest of your day, week, month, year, and life!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 22: Baptism of FireIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceApril 11, 2021The table is set, and the battle begins. Henry takes on his role as an archer in the battle for Pribyslavitz. Afterwards he might need to use his skills as a scribe to explain why so many of his allies got shot in the back. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 21: Nest of VipersIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 30, 2021Now that he's had his fill of side-gigs, Henry gets back to the main event. It is time to find the whoresons who killed his people, and most importantly, that took his father's sword. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 20: The House of GodIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 23, 2021He who hath not sinned can cast the first stone. Or was it he who hath now sinned? Not sure, Henry is going to find out though. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 19: At Your Service My LadyIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 18, 2021Henry decides to step away from the Neuhof incident for a bit to handle a particularly bewitching task. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 18: Playing With The DevilIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 14, 2021
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 17: On The ScentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 14, 2021
Armed with new information, Henry searches through the local hills and forests for his missing man.[…]