Hi everyone! I just wanted to check in and make sure everyone knows that I am in fact NOT dead, but simply do not have time in the near term to run with my usual blogging cadence.
It turns out that buying a house is a terrible soul sucking procedure that I recommend to nobody. The process of touring houses, bidding on houses, option period inspections, buyer approval, and closing has more or less eliminated any free time I have outside of work.
The good news is, I am coming up on the end of this process. Which means I will totally have all my free time back and not be consumed with moving and furnishing my new home. Right?
However, before the quest for a home was in full swing I was able to carve out some time to write a glut of new content.
A Wild (and new!) Content Stream Has Appeared
Given my focus on D&D content, some of you might have been surprised to see a smattering of E3 coverage over the course of the past few weeks. I’m not going to lie, I was a bit surprised I ended up writing it. However, I found myself with an unexpected bounty of time during the first day of the conference so I jumped on the opportunity.
The Biz – E3 2018
- The Biz – E3 2018 – Satisfactory: PC E3 Recap and Post-E3 Updates
- The Biz – E3 2018 – Mavericks Proving Ground: PC E3 Recap
- The Biz – E3 2018 – Fallout 76: BE3 Demo Recap
- The Biz – E3 2018 – Rage 2: BE3 Demo Recap
- The Biz – E3 2018 – Dying Light 2: Microsoft Demo Recap
- The Biz – E3 2018 – The Walking Dead: E3 Demo Recap
- The Biz – E3 2018 – Anthem: EA Play Demo Recap
- The Biz – E3 2018 – Command and Conquer Rivals: EA Play Demo Recap
- The Biz – E3 2018 – Sea of Solitude: EA Play Presentation Recap
- The Biz – E3 2018 – Unravel Two: EA Play Demo Recap
It is worth noting that this format is highly experimental. I do have a long term goal of expanding my video game coverage, but I don’t want to simply re-hash what others already do. Long story short I want to find a novel approach to gaming coverage that bring value to the reader, and my current content isn’t there yet. However, if you have any interest in my thoughts on the above titles, then I encourage you to read the articles above.
The Questionably Qualified Podcast
We were finally able to record our podcast! In our inaugural episode John and I discuss the QQ/G^G re-alignment, and dig into some of the latest developments in games and movies that caught our interest.
We are still cleaning up the format somewhat, and would love to get your (ideally constructive) feedback on our first episode!
Admittedly John had to kind of carry me through this episode. His experience from his previous work podcasting about Sports, Politics, and Game of Thrones definitely showed. Fortunately for me he is willing to hold my hand through the podcasting process while I get my feet under me.
We are hoping to record our next episode sometime in the next two weeks, so keeps your eyes open for new episodes!
Dungeons and Dragons – Campaign Journals and Future Plans
On the D&D front I was only able to finish a single campaign journal.
At time of writing, the second campaign journal is sitting in a half-written state. With some luck I should be able to find some time to finish writing it soon, but future journals will be on hold for a bit until I I am able to do some catch-up work on the live campaign. As much fun as it is re-hashing the past, I need to make sure writing these journals doesn’t impact my ability to proceed with the campaign.
Unless I get lucky, it will likely be a few more weeks I publish my next article. I hope to have the first draft of my (yet to be disclosed) king size D&D home brew up in the next month or so. It will likely need some serious iteration, but so far I like the way it is shaping up.
I have a couple other ideas for content streams that I am kicking around, but they will likely not be able to take form until the assault on my free-time has relented.
In the mean time feel free to reach out to me on Twitter @GrowUpAndGame if you have thoughts, questions, comments, or concerns!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Let’s Play Druidstone – Episode 01: Dawnstone MeadowIn DruidstoneMay 19, 2019The First Level of Druidstone features rangers, druids, priests and cancer. I guess oncology is one way to really raise the stakes right away! […]
- Satisfactory Early Access – Episode 11: Caterium, Supercomputers, and Geothermal PowerIn SatisfactoryMay 16, 2019
After some offline exploration, I found a new type of ore called Caterium that gives us access to all manner of advanced electronics![…]
- The Tanius Campaign Journal – Chapter 29: Stone Cold RedemptionIn D&D Campaign JournalMay 8, 2019
The Syndicate's second trip into the dig site ends with a glorious battle, and an unusual resolution.[…]
- Tavern Tycoon – Episode 10: Dragon’s HangoverIn Tavern TycoonMay 2, 2019
This is it! The last stage of Tavern Tycoon. Let's see if we can apply everything we have learned that far and complete our final challenge.[…]
- [G^G] May 2019 Update – I’m Getting Married!In BlogApril 30, 2019
After 14 months of planning Meesh and I are finally getting married! While all that is going on, check out a look back on what we've done, and what is to come.[…]
- Satisfactory Early Access – Episode 10: The Jetpack, Manufacturing, and The Edge of The WorldIn SatisfactoryApril 28, 2019
Today we demonstrate proper splitting and merging, computer and heavy modular frame manufacturing, and why you shouldn't jump off the edge of the world...[…]