So it turns out that kicking the can down the road on major tasks can only work for so long. Meesh and I had been thoroughly enjoying our time in post-engagement/pre-wedding limbo, but now that the time before our wedding is being measured in weeks rather than months, things are getting a bit hectic.
The good news is, most of these major tasks are officially behind us! Sure there are still things that need to be done seemingly every day, but after a few months of being more or less 100% allocated during and after work, we’ve finally found some breathing room.
Video Killed The
While all of the D&D and Gateway Games material I have made thus far is great, I have been looking for a way to diversify my content portfolio. As a result I decided to take a bold step in a new direction, video on demand and (maybe eventually) streaming.
At time of writing I have officially record 5 youtube videos, published them, and wrote companion articles for each one of them.
- Satisfactory Alpha – Episode 01: Setting Up Home Base
- Satisfactory Alpha – Episode 02: Meeting The Neighbors
- Satisfactory Alpha – Episode 03: Basic Automation
- Satisfactory Alpha – Episode 04: The Space Elevator(Bonus Episode)
- Tavern Tycoon – Episode 01: In Wine Is Wisdom
The first batch of videos was a first-impression series covering the Satisfactory Alpha weekend. You can find my detailed thoughts on the game in the articles listed above, but the short version is I LOVED it and I am kind of going through withdrawal right now.
In an attempt to combat that withdrawal, I decided to jump into another fairly system focused game called Tavern Tycoon. All in all I’ve been having fun with the game, and it has proven to be an effective distraction while I wait for the Satisfactory early access to get here. I plan on recording at least a few more videos on it, but will likely be setting it aside once I can get my Satisfactory fix again.
D&D, Gateway Games, and Battlestations
I haven’t forgotten about the other content streams either! Before I branched off in these new directions, I was able to get a pair of D&D campaign journals done, along with a new gateway games article, and a how-to article on creating an excessive(ly awesome) multi-monitor setup.
- The Tanius Campaign Journal – Chapter 26: And Dragons
- The Tanius Campaign Journal – Chapter 27: Back To The Underground
- Gateway Games – Video Games for Beginners: Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime
- The Next Level – How To Build A Battlestation On A Budget
Of the three content streams here, the one that will be getting the most attention is the campaign journal. While I like trying new things, I simply have too much of a content backlog in that area to let it sit for an extended period of time.
Rather than put these site updates on some type of regular cadence, I think I am going to switch to a format of only posting updates when I think there is something worth sharing. I’m guessing this will result in updates roughly every 2-3 months, but truthfully I won’t be able to reliably predict the cadence until after my wedding.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or thoughts about life, or whatever; feel free to reach out to me on Twitter via @GrowUpAndGame!
Thank you for reading, and I hope everyone has a great rest of their day, week, month, year, and life!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 14: Ruin And The Rattay TournamentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 14, 2021
After losing in the Rattay Tournament, we take our rage out(legally) on some nearby bandits before giving the tourney another go.[…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 13: Fighting In The Rattay TournamentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 11, 2021
After several days of hunting and training, it is time to reap our rewards and test our skills in the Rattay Tournament![…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 12: Hunting Deer Between Rattay and NeuhofIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 7, 2021
Now that we are in the training groove, it is time to try and weave some money-making into the flow. In other words, it is time to poach game from the king's land![…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 11: Learning To Read and Master StrikeIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 4, 2021
Now that the Neuhof investigation has cooled off a bit, we take a break to coach Henry up in the mightiness of the pen and the sword.[…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 10: Ginger In A PickleIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 2, 2021
After making some headway on the Neuhof crime, the main suspect has decided to skip town. It falls on Henry to track him down and determine if he is guilty.[…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 09: The Hunt BeginsIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceDecember 31, 2020
After earning a promotion, Henry's first orders are to investigate a brutal crime scene in Neuhof, and bring the perpetrators to justice.[…]