|Satisfactory Alpha Videos|
|Episode 1||Episode 2|
|Episode 3||Episode 4|
|Satisfactory - E3 2018|
|Satisfactory Early Access|
|Episode 1||Episode 2BE 2.5|
|Episode 3||Episode 4|
|Episode 5||Episode 6|
|Episode 7||Episode 8|
|Episode 9BE 9.5||Episode 10|
|Episode 11||Coming Soon...|
If you were checking into the site during E3 last year, you might have read my synopsis on an upoming factory building game by Coffee Stain Studios titled “Satisfactory”. For some time afterwards, the media coverage around the game was fairly light. However, after the conclusion of last week’s Alpha Weekend that has officially changed.
To make things even better, I was lucky enough to be one of the people chosen to participate in the event! To top it all off, it happened to fall on a weekend where I actually had time to play it!
So I decided to commemorate this momentous occasion by doing something I’ve never done, creating a youtube video.
Satisfactory Alpha – Episode 01: Setting Up Home Base
While I am no stranger to consuming gaming media content, I am brand spanking new when it comes to creating it. In an effort to avoid biting off more than I can chew, I decided to do a first-impressions format for my first foray into video. After a few false starts I accepted the fact that there is no better way to learn than by doing, and dove right in.
All in all I think that it went fairly well. Other than the occasional stammering and one mishap where the game audio was a too loud, I am pretty happy with the result. While I always knew that creating Youtube content is a lot more difficult than it seems, actually going through the process gave me even more respect for the people that do this as a career.
Satisfactory Alpha – Impressions From The First Episode
Most of the first episode was spent getting my bearings. Despite the fact that I toyed around a bit in game before setting things up to record, I was a little bit disoriented at first.
To be fair, most of this actually wasn’t the games fault. For the most part the actual game interface is pretty intuitive, there is just a lot of mechanical depth so it takes a little time to get acquainted to it.
I was able to get the construction HUB set up without any trouble(other than a minor scrap with a couple alien doggos), and afterwards I mostly just harvested materials around the nearby area. Once I had enough materials on-hand, I took my first step into automation and set up some portable miners to harvest the essential ores.
Once I got over my initial nerves I honestly had a ton of fun making the video. I definitely plan on making more of them in the future, and would appreciate any and all feedback! If you have ideas around how I can make things better please reach out to me on twitter via @GrowUpAndGame.
I hope you enjoyed my content, and until next time… stay efficient everyone!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 22: Baptism of FireIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceApril 11, 2021The table is set, and the battle begins. Henry takes on his role as an archer in the battle for Pribyslavitz. Afterwards he might need to use his skills as a scribe to explain why so many of his allies got shot in the back. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 21: Nest of VipersIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 30, 2021Now that he's had his fill of side-gigs, Henry gets back to the main event. It is time to find the whoresons who killed his people, and most importantly, that took his father's sword. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 20: The House of GodIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 23, 2021He who hath not sinned can cast the first stone. Or was it he who hath now sinned? Not sure, Henry is going to find out though. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 19: At Your Service My LadyIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 18, 2021Henry decides to step away from the Neuhof incident for a bit to handle a particularly bewitching task. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 18: Playing With The DevilIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 14, 2021Henry decides to step away from the Neuhof incident for a bit to handle a particularly bewitching task. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 17: On The ScentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 14, 2021
Armed with new information, Henry searches through the local hills and forests for his missing man.[…]