|Tavern Tycoon Videos|
|Stage 01||Stage 02|
|Stage 03||Stage 04|
|Stage 05||Stage 06|
|Stage 07||Stage 08|
|Stage 09||Stage 10|
Now that I’ve completed the first level of Tavern Tycoon, I feel like I have a decent grasp of the games mechanics. This time around, instead of me doing a “dry run” of the level like I did with Episode 01, I decided to record my first attempt at the second level.
I played it a little fast and loose at the start, but ultimately I was able to reign it in and complete the second level without going out of business.
This level introduced wizards and barbarians to the mix. I’ll be honest, other than the game explaining that I needed to create specialized zones for these new types of customers, it wasn’t super clear what else they brought to the table. If the point was to just introduce another gold sink, then it succeeded in that regard, otherwise I’m going to need to do some digging to find out what else I should be doing. They also added in a mechanic where under-aged people sneak into the bar Vincent Adultman style which I found highly entertaining.
I am curious to see what the game is like on a higher difficulty. So far on normal the game has been a pretty straight-forward process.
- Freeze time and set up the bones of the tavern
- Slowly increase your staff as certain sections reach capacity
- Once revenues exceed sales press fast-forward until you win
The good news is, according to the very minimal research I did, future levels will introduce more dangerous wrinkles that need to be more diligently managed. However, as of level 2 the game is pretty turn-key.
That all being said I am still enjoying it quite a bit, and the current level of creativity being exhibited by the developer gives me a lot of hope that the game will remain fresh down the road.
If you have ideas around how I can improve my videos, please reach out to me on twitter via @GrowUpAndGame.
Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a great rest of your day, week, month, year, and life!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Let’s Play Druidstone – Episode 01: Dawnstone MeadowIn DruidstoneMay 19, 2019The First Level of Druidstone features rangers, druids, priests and cancer. I guess oncology is one way to really raise the stakes right away! […]
- Satisfactory Early Access – Episode 11: Caterium, Supercomputers, and Geothermal PowerIn SatisfactoryMay 16, 2019
After some offline exploration, I found a new type of ore called Caterium that gives us access to all manner of advanced electronics![…]
- The Tanius Campaign Journal – Chapter 29: Stone Cold RedemptionIn D&D Campaign JournalMay 8, 2019
The Syndicate's second trip into the dig site ends with a glorious battle, and an unusual resolution.[…]
- Tavern Tycoon – Episode 10: Dragon’s HangoverIn Tavern TycoonMay 2, 2019
This is it! The last stage of Tavern Tycoon. Let's see if we can apply everything we have learned that far and complete our final challenge.[…]
- [G^G] May 2019 Update – I’m Getting Married!In BlogApril 30, 2019
After 14 months of planning Meesh and I are finally getting married! While all that is going on, check out a look back on what we've done, and what is to come.[…]
- Satisfactory Early Access – Episode 10: The Jetpack, Manufacturing, and The Edge of The WorldIn SatisfactoryApril 28, 2019
Today we demonstrate proper splitting and merging, computer and heavy modular frame manufacturing, and why you shouldn't jump off the edge of the world...[…]