|Tavern Tycoon Videos|
|Stage 01||Stage 02|
|Stage 03||Stage 04|
|Stage 05||Stage 06|
|Stage 07||Stage 08|
|Stage 09||Stage 10|
Now that I’ve completed the first level of Tavern Tycoon, I feel like I have a decent grasp of the games mechanics. This time around, instead of me doing a “dry run” of the level like I did with Episode 01, I decided to record my first attempt at the second level.
I played it a little fast and loose at the start, but ultimately I was able to reign it in and complete the second level without going out of business.
This level introduced wizards and barbarians to the mix. I’ll be honest, other than the game explaining that I needed to create specialized zones for these new types of customers, it wasn’t super clear what else they brought to the table. If the point was to just introduce another gold sink, then it succeeded in that regard, otherwise I’m going to need to do some digging to find out what else I should be doing. They also added in a mechanic where under-aged people sneak into the bar Vincent Adultman style which I found highly entertaining.
I am curious to see what the game is like on a higher difficulty. So far on normal the game has been a pretty straight-forward process.
- Freeze time and set up the bones of the tavern
- Slowly increase your staff as certain sections reach capacity
- Once revenues exceed sales press fast-forward until you win
The good news is, according to the very minimal research I did, future levels will introduce more dangerous wrinkles that need to be more diligently managed. However, as of level 2 the game is pretty turn-key.
That all being said I am still enjoying it quite a bit, and the current level of creativity being exhibited by the developer gives me a lot of hope that the game will remain fresh down the road.
If you have ideas around how I can improve my videos, please reach out to me on twitter via @GrowUpAndGame.
Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a great rest of your day, week, month, year, and life!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 14: Ruin And The Rattay TournamentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 14, 2021
After losing in the Rattay Tournament, we take our rage out(legally) on some nearby bandits before giving the tourney another go.[…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 13: Fighting In The Rattay TournamentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 11, 2021
After several days of hunting and training, it is time to reap our rewards and test our skills in the Rattay Tournament![…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 12: Hunting Deer Between Rattay and NeuhofIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 7, 2021
Now that we are in the training groove, it is time to try and weave some money-making into the flow. In other words, it is time to poach game from the king's land![…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 11: Learning To Read and Master StrikeIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 4, 2021
Now that the Neuhof investigation has cooled off a bit, we take a break to coach Henry up in the mightiness of the pen and the sword.[…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 10: Ginger In A PickleIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 2, 2021
After making some headway on the Neuhof crime, the main suspect has decided to skip town. It falls on Henry to track him down and determine if he is guilty.[…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 09: The Hunt BeginsIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceDecember 31, 2020
After earning a promotion, Henry's first orders are to investigate a brutal crime scene in Neuhof, and bring the perpetrators to justice.[…]