|Tavern Tycoon Videos|
|Stage 01||Stage 02|
|Stage 03||Stage 04|
|Stage 05||Stage 06|
|Stage 07||Stage 08|
|Stage 09||Stage 10|
Having completed the remix of a blast from the past, I finally found myself at the journey’s end. Will I be able to use everything I learned to climb this last mountain, or will this final challenge be my undoing?
I guess there is only one way to find out!
We are finally here! The Dragon’s Hangover is ours to manage, and the level has some fairly favorable conditions to boot. Other than some initial difficulty finding the tavern sign before the recording, it was a pretty straightforward process setting up the tavern. There is lots of space, no need to expand, and tavern walls to deal with.
Honestly I was expecting a bit more of a challenge in this level. Granted my knowledge of this game has expanded tremendously over the course of the last few weeks, but I was hoping there would be an interesting wrinkle I would have to deal with to really test my knowledge. Something like a new natural disaster(dragon attack!?) or maybe a new patron class that very likely to cause trouble. Instead, the only wrinkle is that tavern goers like to spend more money.
While a different approach to level design may have made the final stage more challenging, the larger issue is that I’ve simply graduated past the normal difficulty. At this point if I am going to continue playing the game I am going to need to kick things up a notch…
Lesson Learned: Try to avoid modifying your storage
This ended up being a fairly minor issue, but in general you should avoid modifying a storage room if possible. The reason being that whenever you delete a storage shelf with someone’s belongings on it, the belongings disappear into the ether and you start losing reputation as a result of it.
This happened to me on the previous level as well, and I was eventually able to recover the belongings by dropping down new shelves, but I am still unclear on how that mechanic works. Regardless, it is best to just finalize the layout up front and avoid the problem all together.
Lesson Learned: Early on use Bonuses Over Raises
The funny thing is, in the early levels of Tavern Tycoon I actually favored using bonuses over raises to keep my staff happy. This choice stemmed more from ignorance of the mechanics than anything, however it turned out that I was actually on to something.
The amount of happiness gained via bonuses relative to the cost of a raise is actually much more cost efficient. What this means is that in the early game when you are strapped for cash, it is often better to just keep your staffs happiness topped off with bonuses instead of maintaining their wage. Now this does get tedious over time, so once your finances are strong it makes sense simply bring their wages up to snuff so you don’t have to deal with it. However, in the early game, those pennies pinched can be the difference between victory and defeat.
Although I spent a good portion of this write up complaining about the lack of difficulty, I have to say a part of me did appreciate the simplicity of the level. After the chaos of level 8, and the financial stress of level 9, it was pretty enjoyable to have everything you need up front and just build.
With the last level out of the way, at this point I really have 3 choices, play again on a higher difficulty, check out the endless mode, or wait for hopefully more features to be rolled out.
At this point I’m probably going to at least check out the Endless Mode, but who knows when I get back from my honeymoon maybe I’ll get the itch to really test my management skills!
If you have ideas around how I can improve my videos, please reach out to me on twitter via @GrowUpAndGame.
Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a great rest of your day, week, month, year, and life!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 22: Baptism of FireIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceApril 11, 2021The table is set, and the battle begins. Henry takes on his role as an archer in the battle for Pribyslavitz. Afterwards he might need to use his skills as a scribe to explain why so many of his allies got shot in the back. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 21: Nest of VipersIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 30, 2021Now that he's had his fill of side-gigs, Henry gets back to the main event. It is time to find the whoresons who killed his people, and most importantly, that took his father's sword. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 20: The House of GodIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 23, 2021He who hath not sinned can cast the first stone. Or was it he who hath now sinned? Not sure, Henry is going to find out though. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 19: At Your Service My LadyIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 18, 2021Henry decides to step away from the Neuhof incident for a bit to handle a particularly bewitching task. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 18: Playing With The DevilIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 14, 2021Henry decides to step away from the Neuhof incident for a bit to handle a particularly bewitching task. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 17: On The ScentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 14, 2021
Armed with new information, Henry searches through the local hills and forests for his missing man.[…]