|Tavern Tycoon Videos|
|Stage 01||Stage 02|
|Stage 03||Stage 04|
|Stage 05||Stage 06|
|Stage 07||Stage 08|
|Stage 09||Stage 10|
After a relatively smooth pirate ship tavern opening, I am once again faced with a significant challenge. Stage 8 actually took me two attempts, having failed the first attempt in spectacular fashion when I thought I had all but won the level.
However, after licking my wounds and taking some lessons learned, I rose from the grave and opened the best darned ceme-tavern the world has ever seen!
I opted to use my usual strategy of building everything up front, and carefully managing my finances/debt until things break even. Much like my first attempt things went just fine until pretty close to the end when suddenly all of my patrons appeared to have forgotten where the receptionist desk was.
I sat there staring in disbelief as the same incident that sank my first attempt appeared to be repeating itself. Fortunately, after some quick thinking and experimentation, I was able to resolve the issue, and left the level with a very important lesson learned.
Lesson Learned: Repairing Is Important
Receptionist-gate took place shortly after I had built the second teleporter in my teleportation center, so for a good chunk of the episode I was under the impression that this was some type of horrible game-breaking bug.
Turns out I was completely wrong.
The real issue was simply that the frequent earthquakes had ripped my reception desk to shreds. I reviewed the video after recording and noticed that while the first desk I built was being passed by, my newer desk built in the expansion was still getting business. Fortunately during the game I had the presence of mind to at least TRY to repair the receptionist desk, which promptly started working again the moment it was repaired.
My ineptitude aside, I do think it would be nice if in the furniture pop-up there was some type of count showing how many times the furniture got passed by. While this would definitely be somewhat immersion breaking, it would definitely help poor sods like myself as we watch sleepy patron after sleepy patron leave my tavern in disgust.
I want to extend a sincere apology to Peter(the games developer) whose name I dragged through the mud with my bug ridden accusations. Turns out if I paid more attention to core game mechanics, then reception-gate would have been completely avoidable. It also turns out that there is a key section of of the game that I skipped which explains all manner of game mechanics, including durability.
But more on that next episode…
If you have ideas around how I can improve my videos, please reach out to me on twitter via @GrowUpAndGame.
Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a great rest of your day, week, month, year, and life!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 22: Baptism of FireIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceApril 11, 2021The table is set, and the battle begins. Henry takes on his role as an archer in the battle for Pribyslavitz. Afterwards he might need to use his skills as a scribe to explain why so many of his allies got shot in the back. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 21: Nest of VipersIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 30, 2021Now that he's had his fill of side-gigs, Henry gets back to the main event. It is time to find the whoresons who killed his people, and most importantly, that took his father's sword. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 20: The House of GodIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 23, 2021He who hath not sinned can cast the first stone. Or was it he who hath now sinned? Not sure, Henry is going to find out though. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 19: At Your Service My LadyIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 18, 2021Henry decides to step away from the Neuhof incident for a bit to handle a particularly bewitching task. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 18: Playing With The DevilIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 14, 2021Henry decides to step away from the Neuhof incident for a bit to handle a particularly bewitching task. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 17: On The ScentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 14, 2021
Armed with new information, Henry searches through the local hills and forests for his missing man.[…]