|Tavern Tycoon Videos|
|Stage 01||Stage 02|
|Stage 03||Stage 04|
|Stage 05||Stage 06|
|Stage 07||Stage 08|
|Stage 09||Stage 10|
Finally a challenge! After breezing through the third level of Tavern Tycoon, I got caught with my pants down in the 4th level!
Let’s Play Tavern Tycoon – Episode 04: Winter Is Coming
I was totally caught off guard by how much of a negative impact not having my recipes researched could have. In my first play-through I ended up losing the level due to my reputation falling down to 0. The majority of my reputation losses were due to me not having a full set of recipes for the patrons to choose from. Now I don’t know if I just pulled a really unlucky draw and got back to back to back to back requests for un-researched recipes, but either way I was shocked at how fast it took me down.
On the second play-through I adjusted my strategy a bit. The first thing I did was put a hold on serving food. As far as I can tell people get upset more slowly waiting around for food than they do when you don’t have the right food to serve them. This also had the added bonus of pushing all of my maidens into the research lab. This helped me push out the new recipes much more quickly than I would have otherwise.
Moving forward I think that is going to be my standard start. Create a research lab, stuff it with a few more stoves, and put every maiden on my staff in there. Once the fist recipe has been kicked out, I can start slowly rolling out food.
While I actually am kind of pleased that I lost, I still think it was kind of a cheap loss. Maybe it was standard operating procedure for a tavern in the middle ages to cook whatever people ask for even if it isn’t on the menu, but from a game-play perspective there wasn’t much real warning that you were about to face foodie wrath.
However, despite my misgivings around how I lost, I am still glad that at level 4 the game found a new and interesting way to challenge the player. I just hope as the game progresses there is better communication around the impact of changing game mechanics.
If you have ideas around how I can improve my videos, please reach out to me on twitter via @GrowUpAndGame.
Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a great rest of your day, week, month, year, and life!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 22: Baptism of FireIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceApril 11, 2021The table is set, and the battle begins. Henry takes on his role as an archer in the battle for Pribyslavitz. Afterwards he might need to use his skills as a scribe to explain why so many of his allies got shot in the back. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 21: Nest of VipersIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 30, 2021Now that he's had his fill of side-gigs, Henry gets back to the main event. It is time to find the whoresons who killed his people, and most importantly, that took his father's sword. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 20: The House of GodIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 23, 2021He who hath not sinned can cast the first stone. Or was it he who hath now sinned? Not sure, Henry is going to find out though. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 19: At Your Service My LadyIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 18, 2021Henry decides to step away from the Neuhof incident for a bit to handle a particularly bewitching task. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 18: Playing With The DevilIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 14, 2021Henry decides to step away from the Neuhof incident for a bit to handle a particularly bewitching task. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 17: On The ScentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 14, 2021
Armed with new information, Henry searches through the local hills and forests for his missing man.[…]