|Satisfactory Alpha Videos|
|Episode 1||Episode 2|
|Episode 3||Episode 4|
|Satisfactory - E3 2018|
|Satisfactory Early Access|
|Episode 1||Episode 2BE 2.5|
|Episode 3||Episode 4|
|Episode 5||Episode 6|
|Episode 7||Episode 8|
|Episode 9BE 9.5||Episode 10|
|Episode 11||Coming Soon...|
After using tractors to solve the energy crisis, I decided to spend some time off camera renovating my base a bit. By the time I was done I basically had a much more efficient and effective versions of my previous iron factory chains, and on top of that I had established a very large steel factory chain as well.
With all of this assembly out of the way, I was a hairs breadth away from finally being ready to complete the next phase of The Space Elevator.
Impressions from Episode 8 – I Should Have Used Stackable Conveyor Poles Way Earlier
One of my chief complaints thus far was a lock of options when it came to moving belts up vertically. Much like conveyor belt speed, it turns out this perceived slight wasn’t an issue with the game, but an issue with the user. While a single stackable conveyor pole does not allow you to go completely vertical, using 2 or 3 of them in concert allows you to spiral conveyor belts upwards with relative ease.
On top of their ability to move resources upwards, they are also very effective tools for managing multiple belts in a very tight space. By design they are far enough apart from each other to not encroach each others clearance, so if you are looking for a way to manage belt congestion, this should pretty much be your go-to tool.
The other major change I made between episodes was creating my coal power plant. Once configured, a single coal node has given me enough energy to power every single one of my factories with ease. All I needed to do was create an automated tractor route between my base and the coal nodes, and then pipe thouse resources in an organized fashion to my coal power generators.
As far as I can tell I can probably scale up my coal power plant quite a bit before I truly start to run into power issues. I imagine at some point once I get to manufacturing that I’ll need to either add another coal power source, or switch to oil based power, but for the time being my current setup is more than enough.
Speaking of oil, I ended the episode by completing the Space Elevator: Project Assembly Framework, which unlock all kinds of interesting goodies for me to look forward to. One of which is the aforementioned oil, but other things like assemblers, jet packs, and gas masks are on the menu in the near future.
For the next episode my primary focus is going to be getting my oil production up to snuff, but I am not going to lie I won’t be able to resist the siren song of that jet-pack for too much longer…
- Stackable Conveyor Poles are great for building up. Learn them, love them.
- It is okay to overload a downstream input. Putting a storage container before an overloaded input is a great way to mass component resources for later use.
- Steel is worth setting up as soon as possible. Mark 3 belts are easier to make than mark 2 belts once you have coal production worked out.
If you have ideas around how I can improve my videos, please reach out to me on twitter via @GrowUpAndGame.
I hope you enjoyed my content, and until next time… stay efficient everyone!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Let’s Play Druidstone – Episode 01: Dawnstone MeadowIn DruidstoneMay 19, 2019The First Level of Druidstone features rangers, druids, priests and cancer. I guess oncology is one way to really raise the stakes right away! […]
- Satisfactory Early Access – Episode 11: Caterium, Supercomputers, and Geothermal PowerIn SatisfactoryMay 16, 2019
After some offline exploration, I found a new type of ore called Caterium that gives us access to all manner of advanced electronics![…]
- The Tanius Campaign Journal – Chapter 29: Stone Cold RedemptionIn D&D Campaign JournalMay 8, 2019
The Syndicate's second trip into the dig site ends with a glorious battle, and an unusual resolution.[…]
- Tavern Tycoon – Episode 10: Dragon’s HangoverIn Tavern TycoonMay 2, 2019
This is it! The last stage of Tavern Tycoon. Let's see if we can apply everything we have learned that far and complete our final challenge.[…]
- [G^G] May 2019 Update – I’m Getting Married!In BlogApril 30, 2019
After 14 months of planning Meesh and I are finally getting married! While all that is going on, check out a look back on what we've done, and what is to come.[…]
- Satisfactory Early Access – Episode 10: The Jetpack, Manufacturing, and The Edge of The WorldIn SatisfactoryApril 28, 2019
Today we demonstrate proper splitting and merging, computer and heavy modular frame manufacturing, and why you shouldn't jump off the edge of the world...[…]