|Satisfactory Alpha Videos|
|Episode 1||Episode 2|
|Episode 3||Episode 4|
|Satisfactory - E3 2018|
|Satisfactory Early Access|
|Episode 1||Episode 2BE 2.5|
|Episode 3||Episode 4|
|Episode 5||Episode 6|
|Episode 7||Episode 8|
|Episode 9BE 9.5||Episode 10|
|Episode 11||Coming Soon...|
Now that we’ve found our oil well, it is time to do what we do best… automate it!
I have decided to deem this video a “bonus episode” because most of the activities in the video are basically re-skins of things we’ve already done. Automating coal is basically like automating oil, setting up truck routes is virtually the same as setting up tractor routes, etc etc.
That all being said, there was enough fresh material to make it worth recording, hence the BE designation.
[G^G] Satisfactory Early Access – Episode 9.5: Oil Automation and Truck Routes
Oiled Up And Ready To Go
Between episodes I was able to build up the path between the HUB base and the oil fields. This involved laying a lot more concerete, and standing up walls where the trucking route was at risk. I opted to make the walls conveyor belt walls as well, because the scenery on the way to the oil well was too pretty to hide away! Once I made it back to the oil fields, I went ahead and tore everything down and started fresh.
While setting up an oil operation is very similar to coal, there is one key difference you should prepare for. It turns out that unlike coal, oil can not be used directly as a fuel source in generators. So unless you plan on shipping in fuel from somewhere else, you’ll need to plan on setting up at least one oil refinery on site to feed fuel to the fuel generator.
Once the generator was set up, the next step was to set up the trucking route. In this case “trucking route” is actually the correct term, because I opted to use the new “truck” vehicle as opposed to the tractors I’ve been using to freight my coal around.
I have to say this was a pretty great decision, because trucks outclass tractors in every single metric other than size and maneuverability. That all being said, for shorter routes tractors may still be the way to go since you are less likely to be run over if you are moving along the path, but for longer expeditions trucks are your best option. I definitely plan on replacing my old utility tractor with a truck in the near future to serve as my mobile workstation.
- Trucks Are Kind Of Large – When building trucking paths, err on the side of making them larger. They are a fair bit larger and less nimble than tractors so giving yourself some breathing room is a big help in the long term.
- You Can’t Burn Oil – You will need to bring enough materials to oil fields to construct at least one oil refinery. This is because you can only burn fuel in fuel generators(imagine that), which is a refined oil product.
- Open Up A Window – It turns out that in many cases, you get way more style points for using conveyor belt walls instead of regular walls. This is especially true when creating pathways in the wilderness which often feature spectacular views that normal walls block off. So next time you are building a trucking path remember to let the breeze in!
- Don’t Submerge Your Vehicles – Between session I learned that if you crash your truck in the water it is really hard to get out. As far as I can tell the only way to “pull it out” is to disassemble it and rebuild it. This can be a pain if your truck is loaded up with resources, especially because the overflow box is placed under water.
If you have ideas around how I can improve my videos, please reach out to me on twitter via @GrowUpAndGame.
I hope you enjoyed my content, and until next time… stay efficient everyone!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 22: Baptism of FireIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceApril 11, 2021The table is set, and the battle begins. Henry takes on his role as an archer in the battle for Pribyslavitz. Afterwards he might need to use his skills as a scribe to explain why so many of his allies got shot in the back. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 21: Nest of VipersIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 30, 2021Now that he's had his fill of side-gigs, Henry gets back to the main event. It is time to find the whoresons who killed his people, and most importantly, that took his father's sword. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 20: The House of GodIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 23, 2021He who hath not sinned can cast the first stone. Or was it he who hath now sinned? Not sure, Henry is going to find out though. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 19: At Your Service My LadyIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 18, 2021Henry decides to step away from the Neuhof incident for a bit to handle a particularly bewitching task. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 18: Playing With The DevilIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 14, 2021Henry decides to step away from the Neuhof incident for a bit to handle a particularly bewitching task. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 17: On The ScentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 14, 2021
Armed with new information, Henry searches through the local hills and forests for his missing man.[…]