|Satisfactory Alpha Videos|
|Episode 1||Episode 2|
|Episode 3||Episode 4|
|Satisfactory - E3 2018|
|Satisfactory Early Access|
|Episode 1||Episode 2BE 2.5|
|Episode 3||Episode 4|
|Episode 5||Episode 6|
|Episode 7||Episode 8|
|Episode 9BE 9.5||Episode 10|
|Episode 11||Coming Soon...|
So there ended up being a gap between the last episode where I harvested a nominal amount of coal and the beginning of Episode 7. However, I think the preparation time paid off because we end up covering a lot of ground!
Impressions from Episode 7 – Vehicles Are Key To Success
Originally I was hoping to turn my between episode efforts into a bonus episode, but after spending 3 hours just laying concrete it became quickly apparent that this content wasn’t ready for consumption. So it actually ended up being a good 5 hours or so of gameplay between sessions before I pressed record again. However, during that time I was able to set up the floors and walls of what will be a pretty large structure, and set up some of the low hanging fruit.
Because of my sudden increase in demand for concrete, the first thing I did was re-make my concrete chain. When I set up my first concrete chain I put it on a normal node, little did I know that 40 feet behind it was a pure concrete node just sitting there the entire time! So this time around I set up chains for both nodes for maximum concrete goodness. Once my concrete futures were secured, I moved on to copper.
My copper chain took considerably longer to construct. Initially I underestimated how few copper ingots were needed to produce wire. Eventually I realized that my first setup could only keep up with half of my ore production, so I scaled up and created a second floor to house another batch of constructors. After messing around with the belts a bit, I was able to funnel all of my components into a storage container.
Satisfied with my current automation, I shifted my focused to coal production. I initially toyed with the idea of building a giant belt that carries coal from the node found in the previous episode to the hub, but quickly realized how impractical that would be. I was aware that vehicle automation was a thing, but my previous experience with truck stations not working left me a bit hesistent.
Fortunately, after spending a few minutes tooling around with them without a camera pointed at me, I was able to figure out how they worked. Armed with that knowledge I brought a gaggle of resources back to the coal site, and set up an outpost.
Using a combination of coal burners, tractors, and conveyor belt Mk3s I was able to create a complete self sustaining coal outpost! To make things even better, I was also able to record a trucking path that ships coal between the hub and the outpost!
Not going to lie, now that I have tasted the sweet nectar of energy sourced from mining, I think it is time I updated the reset of my factories to take advantage of this wonderful and (technically) renewable energy source!
- Efficiency matters! One Pure node can produce quite a bit of material if you put a little extra time into making it more efficient.
- A little copper goes a long way… One pure copper node is enough to feed 12 constructors worth of wire using a Miner Mk2.
- Vehicles aren’t hard! Once the truck stations are powered and set up to load/unload, vehicles go from being a bit daunting to absolutely essential to the operation.
- Always re-equip your weapon when you are done chainsawing brush in the wild. You never know when the fluffy tailed hog will want to come out and play…
If you have ideas around how I can improve my videos, please reach out to me on twitter via @GrowUpAndGame.
I hope you enjoyed my content, and until next time… stay efficient everyone!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 14: Ruin And The Rattay TournamentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 14, 2021
After losing in the Rattay Tournament, we take our rage out(legally) on some nearby bandits before giving the tourney another go.[…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 13: Fighting In The Rattay TournamentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 11, 2021
After several days of hunting and training, it is time to reap our rewards and test our skills in the Rattay Tournament![…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 12: Hunting Deer Between Rattay and NeuhofIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 7, 2021
Now that we are in the training groove, it is time to try and weave some money-making into the flow. In other words, it is time to poach game from the king's land![…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 11: Learning To Read and Master StrikeIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 4, 2021
Now that the Neuhof investigation has cooled off a bit, we take a break to coach Henry up in the mightiness of the pen and the sword.[…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 10: Ginger In A PickleIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 2, 2021
After making some headway on the Neuhof crime, the main suspect has decided to skip town. It falls on Henry to track him down and determine if he is guilty.[…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 09: The Hunt BeginsIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceDecember 31, 2020
After earning a promotion, Henry's first orders are to investigate a brutal crime scene in Neuhof, and bring the perpetrators to justice.[…]