|Satisfactory Alpha Videos|
|Episode 1||Episode 2|
|Episode 3||Episode 4|
|Satisfactory - E3 2018|
|Satisfactory Early Access|
|Episode 1||Episode 2BE 2.5|
|Episode 3||Episode 4|
|Episode 5||Episode 6|
|Episode 7||Episode 8|
|Episode 9BE 9.5||Episode 10|
|Episode 11||Coming Soon...|
I wasn’t able to play last weekend on account of two of my friends getting married, but as of Monday night I am officially back!
The focus of last episode was to try my hand on building a 2-tiered structure and using the assembler to create some more advanced factory chains. Once those were set up I let them run a bit without recording and cleaned things up throughout the factory. By the time I was ready to record again, I had finished the last of the tier 2 upgrades, and the space elevator was loaded up and ready to send its platform into space.
Impressions from Episode 5 – This Game Opens Up After The Space Elevator Platform Is Built
In what is becoming a consistent theme, the game is continuing to open up. Every time I hit a new tier I get an overwhelming urge to tear everything down and rebuild it from scratch. In fact, for my next episode(which will be a bonus episode) I plan on doing exactly that!
Now that I have a nice glut of resources to pull from, I should be able to re-build everything fairly quickly. I do wish I had some options to move throughout the factory a bit more quickly, but before I blame the game for that, I am going to make sure I fully investigate my options before complaining on film again.
As far as exploration goes, I am pretty pleased with how dangerous the world is to an un-prepared explorer! I consider myself a pretty decent gamer, and for the most part I have been boxed up close to home. Part of this is because of my desire to build, but the fact that I had to actually change course ON CAMERA because I had reservations about pushing through the fog is pretty great!
The game in its Early Access state has been a very compelling experience thus far. The sense of scale, interesting environments, and well… satisfaction you get from building large factory chains is top notch.
Not only that, but the idea of what this game could become with proper mod support(which has been promised) makes me salivate…
- There are in fact several conveyor belt upgrades you can get! I will likely need the next upgrade when I upgrade my mining rigs.
- I can get vehicles! However, I need to figure out how to get through gassy areas before those will come into play.
- Make sure I actually read the descriptions of items and structures in full before making any grand assumptions about the game…
If you have ideas around how I can improve my videos, please reach out to me on twitter via @GrowUpAndGame.
I hope you enjoyed my content, and until next time… stay efficient everyone!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Let’s Play Druidstone – Episode 01: Dawnstone MeadowIn DruidstoneMay 19, 2019The First Level of Druidstone features rangers, druids, priests and cancer. I guess oncology is one way to really raise the stakes right away! […]
- Satisfactory Early Access – Episode 11: Caterium, Supercomputers, and Geothermal PowerIn SatisfactoryMay 16, 2019
After some offline exploration, I found a new type of ore called Caterium that gives us access to all manner of advanced electronics![…]
- The Tanius Campaign Journal – Chapter 29: Stone Cold RedemptionIn D&D Campaign JournalMay 8, 2019
The Syndicate's second trip into the dig site ends with a glorious battle, and an unusual resolution.[…]
- Tavern Tycoon – Episode 10: Dragon’s HangoverIn Tavern TycoonMay 2, 2019
This is it! The last stage of Tavern Tycoon. Let's see if we can apply everything we have learned that far and complete our final challenge.[…]
- [G^G] May 2019 Update – I’m Getting Married!In BlogApril 30, 2019
After 14 months of planning Meesh and I are finally getting married! While all that is going on, check out a look back on what we've done, and what is to come.[…]
- Satisfactory Early Access – Episode 10: The Jetpack, Manufacturing, and The Edge of The WorldIn SatisfactoryApril 28, 2019
Today we demonstrate proper splitting and merging, computer and heavy modular frame manufacturing, and why you shouldn't jump off the edge of the world...[…]