|Satisfactory Alpha Videos|
|Episode 1||Episode 2|
|Episode 3||Episode 4|
|Satisfactory - E3 2018|
|Satisfactory Early Access|
|Episode 1||Episode 2BE 2.5|
|Episode 3||Episode 4|
|Episode 5||Episode 6|
|Episode 7||Episode 8|
|Episode 9BE 9.5||Episode 10|
|Episode 11||Coming Soon...|
As alluded to when I started the series, our first of likely many “bonus episodes” is here. The idea behind the bonus episode is that while I will be actively playing the game, I won’t really have the most lofty objectives. I expect these episodes to be a bit longer running, and when they end it may not seem like a lot actually got done.
To make things simple, if an episode features repeatedly using game features that we have already covered in a previous episode, it will probably be considered a bonus episode. In contrast, a regular episode will feature activities such as building a key structure, exploring a new area, or overcoming a looming challenge.
Impressions from Episode 2.5
While I found diving into the mechanics of splitting and merging to be very interesting, I am really glad I decided to deem this a “bonus episode”. There was a definitely a fair bit of fumbling around that took place that has been generally avoided during the regular episodes.
That all being said the lessons learned from episode 2.5 were extremely valuable in improving the efficiency of my factories. Figuring out ways to maximize the pure and normal ore deposits will let me get a lot of bang for my buck, and help speed up the manufacturing process in the long term.
However, one issue I ran into was that my miners on pure ore deposits were actually mining the ore faster than it could transported it out. This lead to a bit of an awkward situation where even though the miner said that it was mining 120 ore per minute, setting up the factory chain downstream to handle that chain(in theory) was resulting in an in-efficient setup. I eventually scaled down my configuration to save on power, but I feel like the game should do a better job of providing information around things like belt speeds so people don’t build structures on bad assumptions.
Lastly I am really starting to see the value behind laying down a foundation early. It really does help you keep everything neat and tidy while you are building up your factory chains. I’ll definitely need to rethink things a bit in the near future, but for now I’m pretty happy with how everything is progressing.
- Belts don’t move fast enough to support miners on pure resources nodes. I am hoping this will change at some point, but for now I will need to essentially need to treat pure nodes and normal nodes when it comes to automation.
- I could probably have started building out my foundation early. On a related note, I should have automated limestone production right away, and basically never turned the factory chain off.
If you have ideas around how I can improve my videos, please reach out to me on twitter via @GrowUpAndGame.
I hope you enjoyed my content, and until next time… stay efficient everyone!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 14: Ruin And The Rattay TournamentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 14, 2021
After losing in the Rattay Tournament, we take our rage out(legally) on some nearby bandits before giving the tourney another go.[…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 13: Fighting In The Rattay TournamentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 11, 2021
After several days of hunting and training, it is time to reap our rewards and test our skills in the Rattay Tournament![…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 12: Hunting Deer Between Rattay and NeuhofIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 7, 2021
Now that we are in the training groove, it is time to try and weave some money-making into the flow. In other words, it is time to poach game from the king's land![…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 11: Learning To Read and Master StrikeIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 4, 2021
Now that the Neuhof investigation has cooled off a bit, we take a break to coach Henry up in the mightiness of the pen and the sword.[…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 10: Ginger In A PickleIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 2, 2021
After making some headway on the Neuhof crime, the main suspect has decided to skip town. It falls on Henry to track him down and determine if he is guilty.[…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 09: The Hunt BeginsIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceDecember 31, 2020
After earning a promotion, Henry's first orders are to investigate a brutal crime scene in Neuhof, and bring the perpetrators to justice.[…]