|Satisfactory Alpha Videos|
|Episode 1||Episode 2|
|Episode 3||Episode 4|
|Satisfactory - E3 2018|
|Satisfactory Early Access|
|Episode 1||Episode 2BE 2.5|
|Episode 3||Episode 4|
|Episode 5||Episode 6|
|Episode 7||Episode 8|
|Episode 9BE 9.5||Episode 10|
|Episode 11||Coming Soon...|
I thought this was going to be a bonus episode I swear! After making some automation improvements last episode I had every intention of laying a bunch of foundation down and building up.
However, when it became clear the coal was going to hamstring my process, I pivoted. As a result this next episode is centered around exploration.
Impressions from Episode 6 – So Far They Have Done Vehicles Right
After stick close to home for most of the game, I really appreciate what the tractor has done to the game. It allowed me to break free of from my gassy prison, and explore new sections of the map with ease.
On top of being able to blockade run, the utility the tractor brings really fits the themes of the game. It really is your mobile workstation, and it is convenient to the point that I am actually using it around the base as well as opposed to running back and forward from the hub.
I am also pleased by how the combat is evolving. Some of the monsters I am running into outside of the standard Fluffy Tailed Hog are proving to be quite dangerous! The fire spitting monsters in particular have been a real problem for me since I prefer to engage in melee range.
I also appreciate that the ranged weapons aren’t clearly overpowered yet. The slow rate of fire and relatively low damage of the rebar gun means melee combat is still an attractive option in a lot of situations. While lore wise it doesn’t make sense that you can insta-build factories but have to use the equivalent of a revolutionary war musket in combat, from a game-play perspective I think it was a great design choice. Obviously later on we’ll see if there are bigger and badder weapons, but for now the balance is on point.
Now that I am getting a handle on things I would like to see the game become more dangerous, but I am still glad that by default things are relatively peaceful. While the developers have specifically stated they don’t have it on the roadmap to do base defense, I hope this is something the modding community can eventually put into the game for more advanced players.
Then again I maybe I should think twice about adding a robot Preston Garvey to the game…
- There are in fact several conveyor belt upgrades you can get! I will likely need the next upgrade when I upgrade my mining rigs.
- I can get vehicles! However, I need to figure out how to get through gassy areas before those will come into play.
- Make sure I actually read the descriptions of items and structures in full before making any grand assumptions about the game…
If you have ideas around how I can improve my videos, please reach out to me on twitter via @GrowUpAndGame.
I hope you enjoyed my content, and until next time… stay efficient everyone!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 14: Ruin And The Rattay TournamentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 14, 2021
After losing in the Rattay Tournament, we take our rage out(legally) on some nearby bandits before giving the tourney another go.[…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 13: Fighting In The Rattay TournamentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 11, 2021
After several days of hunting and training, it is time to reap our rewards and test our skills in the Rattay Tournament![…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 12: Hunting Deer Between Rattay and NeuhofIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 7, 2021
Now that we are in the training groove, it is time to try and weave some money-making into the flow. In other words, it is time to poach game from the king's land![…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 11: Learning To Read and Master StrikeIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 4, 2021
Now that the Neuhof investigation has cooled off a bit, we take a break to coach Henry up in the mightiness of the pen and the sword.[…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 10: Ginger In A PickleIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 2, 2021
After making some headway on the Neuhof crime, the main suspect has decided to skip town. It falls on Henry to track him down and determine if he is guilty.[…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 09: The Hunt BeginsIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceDecember 31, 2020
After earning a promotion, Henry's first orders are to investigate a brutal crime scene in Neuhof, and bring the perpetrators to justice.[…]