|Satisfactory Alpha Videos|
|Episode 1||Episode 2|
|Episode 3||Episode 4|
|Satisfactory - E3 2018|
|Satisfactory Early Access|
|Episode 1||Episode 2BE 2.5|
|Episode 3||Episode 4|
|Episode 5||Episode 6|
|Episode 7||Episode 8|
|Episode 9BE 9.5||Episode 10|
|Episode 11||Coming Soon...|
I thought this was going to be a bonus episode I swear! After making some automation improvements last episode I had every intention of laying a bunch of foundation down and building up.
However, when it became clear the coal was going to hamstring my process, I pivoted. As a result this next episode is centered around exploration.
Impressions from Episode 6 – So Far They Have Done Vehicles Right
After stick close to home for most of the game, I really appreciate what the tractor has done to the game. It allowed me to break free of from my gassy prison, and explore new sections of the map with ease.
On top of being able to blockade run, the utility the tractor brings really fits the themes of the game. It really is your mobile workstation, and it is convenient to the point that I am actually using it around the base as well as opposed to running back and forward from the hub.
I am also pleased by how the combat is evolving. Some of the monsters I am running into outside of the standard Fluffy Tailed Hog are proving to be quite dangerous! The fire spitting monsters in particular have been a real problem for me since I prefer to engage in melee range.
I also appreciate that the ranged weapons aren’t clearly overpowered yet. The slow rate of fire and relatively low damage of the rebar gun means melee combat is still an attractive option in a lot of situations. While lore wise it doesn’t make sense that you can insta-build factories but have to use the equivalent of a revolutionary war musket in combat, from a game-play perspective I think it was a great design choice. Obviously later on we’ll see if there are bigger and badder weapons, but for now the balance is on point.
Now that I am getting a handle on things I would like to see the game become more dangerous, but I am still glad that by default things are relatively peaceful. While the developers have specifically stated they don’t have it on the roadmap to do base defense, I hope this is something the modding community can eventually put into the game for more advanced players.
Then again I maybe I should think twice about adding a robot Preston Garvey to the game…
- There are in fact several conveyor belt upgrades you can get! I will likely need the next upgrade when I upgrade my mining rigs.
- I can get vehicles! However, I need to figure out how to get through gassy areas before those will come into play.
- Make sure I actually read the descriptions of items and structures in full before making any grand assumptions about the game…
If you have ideas around how I can improve my videos, please reach out to me on twitter via @GrowUpAndGame.
I hope you enjoyed my content, and until next time… stay efficient everyone!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Let’s Play Druidstone – Episode 01: Dawnstone MeadowIn DruidstoneMay 19, 2019The First Level of Druidstone features rangers, druids, priests and cancer. I guess oncology is one way to really raise the stakes right away! […]
- Satisfactory Early Access – Episode 11: Caterium, Supercomputers, and Geothermal PowerIn SatisfactoryMay 16, 2019
After some offline exploration, I found a new type of ore called Caterium that gives us access to all manner of advanced electronics![…]
- The Tanius Campaign Journal – Chapter 29: Stone Cold RedemptionIn D&D Campaign JournalMay 8, 2019
The Syndicate's second trip into the dig site ends with a glorious battle, and an unusual resolution.[…]
- Tavern Tycoon – Episode 10: Dragon’s HangoverIn Tavern TycoonMay 2, 2019
This is it! The last stage of Tavern Tycoon. Let's see if we can apply everything we have learned that far and complete our final challenge.[…]
- [G^G] May 2019 Update – I’m Getting Married!In BlogApril 30, 2019
After 14 months of planning Meesh and I are finally getting married! While all that is going on, check out a look back on what we've done, and what is to come.[…]
- Satisfactory Early Access – Episode 10: The Jetpack, Manufacturing, and The Edge of The WorldIn SatisfactoryApril 28, 2019
Today we demonstrate proper splitting and merging, computer and heavy modular frame manufacturing, and why you shouldn't jump off the edge of the world...[…]