|Satisfactory Alpha Videos|
|Episode 1||Episode 2|
|Episode 3||Episode 4|
|Satisfactory - E3 2018|
|Satisfactory Early Access|
|Episode 1||Episode 2BE 2.5|
|Episode 3||Episode 4|
|Episode 5||Episode 6|
|Episode 7||Episode 8|
|Episode 9BE 9.5||Episode 10|
|Episode 11||Coming Soon...|
With the exploration bug out of my system, I decided to go back to focusing on building factories! The Space Elevator currently calls for the production of several advanced components.
The bad news was the components required would easily surpass my capacity to produce iron. However, the good news was there was an untapped pure iron deposit right by the hub with my name on it.
Impressions from Episode 4 – This Game Is Three Dimensional
This episode was focused entirely on the construction of new buildings, many of which featured more advanced materials. The process of making factory chains more efficient is also becoming much more challenging. While I welcome the challenge, I think I may have underestimated it a bit going into the episode.
I actually ended up cutting the episode before I really wanted to. My goal was to have all of the assembler parts working, but it was clear that I was going to have to rethink a few things before I hit that point so I called it quits.
I actually ended up playing more after I stopped recording, and my assumptions were correct. It took a solid hour of fine tuning to get things really where I wanted to be. To make matters worse all of my efforts may need to be re-worked as I am a hairs breadth from unlocking the next upgrade tiers.
However, it wasn’t all for naught. I actually learned a fair bit about how space clearance works, and how to use conveyor poles to move materials around, and how to manage large power grids.
- When in doubt, build up!
- Resist the craving to have a perfectly designed factory, at least initially. Any plans you make now will be re-done as new features become available.
- Iron Plates and Reinforced Iron Plates aren’t the same thing…
- Don’t forget to keep restocking the MAM.
- Start your hub upgrades sooner rather than later. When your production starts to outpace the upgrade requirements you might end up standing around a while.
If you have ideas around how I can improve my videos, please reach out to me on twitter via @GrowUpAndGame.
Unfortunately I won’t be able to log back in for a bit so this is where we will leave off for the time being. I hope you enjoyed my content, and until next time… stay efficient everyone!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Let’s Play Druidstone – Episode 01: Dawnstone MeadowIn DruidstoneMay 19, 2019The First Level of Druidstone features rangers, druids, priests and cancer. I guess oncology is one way to really raise the stakes right away! […]
- Satisfactory Early Access – Episode 11: Caterium, Supercomputers, and Geothermal PowerIn SatisfactoryMay 16, 2019
After some offline exploration, I found a new type of ore called Caterium that gives us access to all manner of advanced electronics![…]
- The Tanius Campaign Journal – Chapter 29: Stone Cold RedemptionIn D&D Campaign JournalMay 8, 2019
The Syndicate's second trip into the dig site ends with a glorious battle, and an unusual resolution.[…]
- Tavern Tycoon – Episode 10: Dragon’s HangoverIn Tavern TycoonMay 2, 2019
This is it! The last stage of Tavern Tycoon. Let's see if we can apply everything we have learned that far and complete our final challenge.[…]
- [G^G] May 2019 Update – I’m Getting Married!In BlogApril 30, 2019
After 14 months of planning Meesh and I are finally getting married! While all that is going on, check out a look back on what we've done, and what is to come.[…]
- Satisfactory Early Access – Episode 10: The Jetpack, Manufacturing, and The Edge of The WorldIn SatisfactoryApril 28, 2019
Today we demonstrate proper splitting and merging, computer and heavy modular frame manufacturing, and why you shouldn't jump off the edge of the world...[…]