|Satisfactory Alpha Videos|
|Episode 1||Episode 2|
|Episode 3||Episode 4|
|Satisfactory - E3 2018|
|Satisfactory Early Access|
|Episode 1||Episode 2BE 2.5|
|Episode 3||Episode 4|
|Episode 5||Episode 6|
|Episode 7||Episode 8|
|Episode 9BE 9.5||Episode 10|
|Episode 11||Coming Soon...|
During bonus episode 2.5 I made some changes around the base. We added in some splitters and mergers to our iron production, and started laying down the bases foundation. Using that blueprint, I actually went ahead and set up several more factory chains, and completed a couple of upgrades after I stopped the video.
The end result was a very different looking base at the beginning of episode 3.
Impressions from Episode 3 – The Chainsaw Is A Game Changer
My heart leapt the moment I realized that you could use the chainsaw to clear brush. I originally though that trees and natural features were going to be permanent fixtures. Looking back my concerns were pretty silly, but regardless I was thrilled to have the opportunity to clean up the area around my base.
After tidying things up I took the opportunity to start exploring. At first I wanted to explore a hidden cave that lead to an underground cavern beneath my base. However, my plans changed when I was assaulted by some burrowing monster that I had no way to hit. Or at least I hope it was burrowing and wasn’t some horrible game breaking bug.
Once I was able to shake the tunneling terror, I decided a nice stroll through the woods would be more my speed at this point in time. This trip went considerably better. I was able to kill a number of doggos, run away from a scary looking deer thing when I was low health, and collect enough health restoration items to last me a while. Satisfied I had my bearings of the surrounding area I went back home and cleaned things up a bit before logging off.
Before I went on my hiatus from reading Satisfactory material on-line, I was starting to get some serious “factory envy” when comparing my piddly little chains to some of the monsters created by the all-day multiplayer streamers. A big part of that envy was how clean and organized everything looked. Now that I am in a position to create factories with similar properties, my “factory envy” is turning into “factory arousal”.
Disturbing imagery aside, this game continue to come into its own(seriously are we doing phrasing?). While I will continue to complain that I wish some of the revelations of the game were communicated a bit more clearly a bit sooner, at the end of the day it is in Early Access and I am having a fantastic time playing it.
- Make sure you carry construction materials with you when you explore.
- Make sure you stockpile health restoring items.
- Don’t forget to keep restocking the MAM.
- Start your hub upgrades sooner rather than later. When your production starts to outpace the upgrade requirements you might end up standing around a while.
If you have ideas around how I can improve my videos, please reach out to me on twitter via @GrowUpAndGame.
I hope you enjoyed my content, and until next time… stay efficient everyone!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 14: Ruin And The Rattay TournamentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 14, 2021
After losing in the Rattay Tournament, we take our rage out(legally) on some nearby bandits before giving the tourney another go.[…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 13: Fighting In The Rattay TournamentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 11, 2021
After several days of hunting and training, it is time to reap our rewards and test our skills in the Rattay Tournament![…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 12: Hunting Deer Between Rattay and NeuhofIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 7, 2021
Now that we are in the training groove, it is time to try and weave some money-making into the flow. In other words, it is time to poach game from the king's land![…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 11: Learning To Read and Master StrikeIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 4, 2021
Now that the Neuhof investigation has cooled off a bit, we take a break to coach Henry up in the mightiness of the pen and the sword.[…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 10: Ginger In A PickleIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceJanuary 2, 2021
After making some headway on the Neuhof crime, the main suspect has decided to skip town. It falls on Henry to track him down and determine if he is guilty.[…]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 09: The Hunt BeginsIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceDecember 31, 2020
After earning a promotion, Henry's first orders are to investigate a brutal crime scene in Neuhof, and bring the perpetrators to justice.[…]