|Satisfactory Alpha Videos|
|Episode 1||Episode 2|
|Episode 3||Episode 4|
|Satisfactory - E3 2018|
|Satisfactory Early Access|
|Episode 1||Episode 2BE 2.5|
|Episode 3||Episode 4|
|Episode 5||Episode 6|
|Episode 7||Episode 8|
|Episode 9BE 9.5||Episode 10|
|Episode 11||Coming Soon...|
During bonus episode 2.5 I made some changes around the base. We added in some splitters and mergers to our iron production, and started laying down the bases foundation. Using that blueprint, I actually went ahead and set up several more factory chains, and completed a couple of upgrades after I stopped the video.
The end result was a very different looking base at the beginning of episode 3.
Impressions from Episode 3 – The Chainsaw Is A Game Changer
My heart leapt the moment I realized that you could use the chainsaw to clear brush. I originally though that trees and natural features were going to be permanent fixtures. Looking back my concerns were pretty silly, but regardless I was thrilled to have the opportunity to clean up the area around my base.
After tidying things up I took the opportunity to start exploring. At first I wanted to explore a hidden cave that lead to an underground cavern beneath my base. However, my plans changed when I was assaulted by some burrowing monster that I had no way to hit. Or at least I hope it was burrowing and wasn’t some horrible game breaking bug.
Once I was able to shake the tunneling terror, I decided a nice stroll through the woods would be more my speed at this point in time. This trip went considerably better. I was able to kill a number of doggos, run away from a scary looking deer thing when I was low health, and collect enough health restoration items to last me a while. Satisfied I had my bearings of the surrounding area I went back home and cleaned things up a bit before logging off.
Before I went on my hiatus from reading Satisfactory material on-line, I was starting to get some serious “factory envy” when comparing my piddly little chains to some of the monsters created by the all-day multiplayer streamers. A big part of that envy was how clean and organized everything looked. Now that I am in a position to create factories with similar properties, my “factory envy” is turning into “factory arousal”.
Disturbing imagery aside, this game continue to come into its own(seriously are we doing phrasing?). While I will continue to complain that I wish some of the revelations of the game were communicated a bit more clearly a bit sooner, at the end of the day it is in Early Access and I am having a fantastic time playing it.
- Make sure you carry construction materials with you when you explore.
- Make sure you stockpile health restoring items.
- Don’t forget to keep restocking the MAM.
- Start your hub upgrades sooner rather than later. When your production starts to outpace the upgrade requirements you might end up standing around a while.
If you have ideas around how I can improve my videos, please reach out to me on twitter via @GrowUpAndGame.
I hope you enjoyed my content, and until next time… stay efficient everyone!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Let’s Play Druidstone – Episode 01: Dawnstone MeadowIn DruidstoneMay 19, 2019The First Level of Druidstone features rangers, druids, priests and cancer. I guess oncology is one way to really raise the stakes right away! […]
- Satisfactory Early Access – Episode 11: Caterium, Supercomputers, and Geothermal PowerIn SatisfactoryMay 16, 2019
After some offline exploration, I found a new type of ore called Caterium that gives us access to all manner of advanced electronics![…]
- The Tanius Campaign Journal – Chapter 29: Stone Cold RedemptionIn D&D Campaign JournalMay 8, 2019
The Syndicate's second trip into the dig site ends with a glorious battle, and an unusual resolution.[…]
- Tavern Tycoon – Episode 10: Dragon’s HangoverIn Tavern TycoonMay 2, 2019
This is it! The last stage of Tavern Tycoon. Let's see if we can apply everything we have learned that far and complete our final challenge.[…]
- [G^G] May 2019 Update – I’m Getting Married!In BlogApril 30, 2019
After 14 months of planning Meesh and I are finally getting married! While all that is going on, check out a look back on what we've done, and what is to come.[…]
- Satisfactory Early Access – Episode 10: The Jetpack, Manufacturing, and The Edge of The WorldIn SatisfactoryApril 28, 2019
Today we demonstrate proper splitting and merging, computer and heavy modular frame manufacturing, and why you shouldn't jump off the edge of the world...[…]