|Satisfactory Alpha Videos|
|Episode 1||Episode 2|
|Episode 3||Episode 4|
|Satisfactory - E3 2018|
|Satisfactory Early Access|
|Episode 1||Episode 2BE 2.5|
|Episode 3||Episode 4|
|Episode 5||Episode 6|
|Episode 7||Episode 8|
|Episode 9BE 9.5||Episode 10|
|Episode 11||Coming Soon...|
During bonus episode 2.5 I made some changes around the base. We added in some splitters and mergers to our iron production, and started laying down the bases foundation. Using that blueprint, I actually went ahead and set up several more factory chains, and completed a couple of upgrades after I stopped the video.
The end result was a very different looking base at the beginning of episode 3.
Impressions from Episode 3 – The Chainsaw Is A Game Changer
My heart leapt the moment I realized that you could use the chainsaw to clear brush. I originally though that trees and natural features were going to be permanent fixtures. Looking back my concerns were pretty silly, but regardless I was thrilled to have the opportunity to clean up the area around my base.
After tidying things up I took the opportunity to start exploring. At first I wanted to explore a hidden cave that lead to an underground cavern beneath my base. However, my plans changed when I was assaulted by some burrowing monster that I had no way to hit. Or at least I hope it was burrowing and wasn’t some horrible game breaking bug.
Once I was able to shake the tunneling terror, I decided a nice stroll through the woods would be more my speed at this point in time. This trip went considerably better. I was able to kill a number of doggos, run away from a scary looking deer thing when I was low health, and collect enough health restoration items to last me a while. Satisfied I had my bearings of the surrounding area I went back home and cleaned things up a bit before logging off.
Before I went on my hiatus from reading Satisfactory material on-line, I was starting to get some serious “factory envy” when comparing my piddly little chains to some of the monsters created by the all-day multiplayer streamers. A big part of that envy was how clean and organized everything looked. Now that I am in a position to create factories with similar properties, my “factory envy” is turning into “factory arousal”.
Disturbing imagery aside, this game continue to come into its own(seriously are we doing phrasing?). While I will continue to complain that I wish some of the revelations of the game were communicated a bit more clearly a bit sooner, at the end of the day it is in Early Access and I am having a fantastic time playing it.
- Make sure you carry construction materials with you when you explore.
- Make sure you stockpile health restoring items.
- Don’t forget to keep restocking the MAM.
- Start your hub upgrades sooner rather than later. When your production starts to outpace the upgrade requirements you might end up standing around a while.
If you have ideas around how I can improve my videos, please reach out to me on twitter via @GrowUpAndGame.
I hope you enjoyed my content, and until next time… stay efficient everyone!
The Latest G^G Articles
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 22: Baptism of FireIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceApril 11, 2021The table is set, and the battle begins. Henry takes on his role as an archer in the battle for Pribyslavitz. Afterwards he might need to use his skills as a scribe to explain why so many of his allies got shot in the back. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 21: Nest of VipersIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 30, 2021Now that he's had his fill of side-gigs, Henry gets back to the main event. It is time to find the whoresons who killed his people, and most importantly, that took his father's sword. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 20: The House of GodIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 23, 2021He who hath not sinned can cast the first stone. Or was it he who hath now sinned? Not sure, Henry is going to find out though. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 19: At Your Service My LadyIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 18, 2021Henry decides to step away from the Neuhof incident for a bit to handle a particularly bewitching task. […]
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 18: Playing With The DevilIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 14, 2021
- Kingdom Come Deliverance – Hardcore Mode 17: On The ScentIn Kingdom Come DeliveranceMarch 14, 2021
Armed with new information, Henry searches through the local hills and forests for his missing man.[…]